Australia’s stationary energy sector, which includes electricity derived from coal-fired power, is responsible for around 50% of our greenhouse gas emissions. Australia’s environmental, economic and energy security is at risk from climate change unless we can compete in a low carbon world. Any successful climate change solution must first target the energy sector.
Australia has some of the world’s best clean energy sources, many of which are already powering Australian homes and businesses. Our superior clean energy resources, like solar power, have the capacity to meet Australia’s growing energy needs while providing a clean powered, sustainable economy.
We operate Australia wide providing high levels of service and expertise in both metropolitan and remote areas.
Solar power is a zero-emission electricity source. One megawatt hour (MWh) of solar-derived electricity avoids approximately one tonne of CO2. Learn more about our innovative solar electricity systems and set your family on a path of savings and environmental sustainability!
Renewable solar energy is advantageous for the environment because there is (are):
- No moving parts to wear out.
- No contribution to smog, acid rain or global warming.
- Renewable solar power leaves the air as it is, contributing no carbon, or other air pollutants, as does burning coal, gas or. No pollution of water resources.
- No noise.
- It leaves the rivers alone to run freely, with nothing blocked or drowned, unlike hydroelectric plants.
- It does not use a lot of land, since it is usually mounted on top of buildings.
- The fuel supply is unlimited. The sunshine will not diminish its supply by using it, unlike the fuels that supply 98% of the electricity you buy.
- The power is delivered to the production point by the sun, and its production is local to where it will be used.